Saturday, December 5, 2015

Brace Face

On Wednesday, Remie David had an appointment with the orthodontist to get braces. He seemed a little nervous about adding more metal to his mouth but was brave and didn't complain. I was hoping that the kids at school would be nice about his new appearance because I knew that one negative comment would crush him.

Immediately after Remie got his braces on he had a smile plastered on his face.

He smiled the entire car trip back to school.

After school, Remie got off the bus with the same big smile on his face! My heart was so happy! I was hoping that his friends at school thought his new look was cool!

Remie played at his buddy Carson's house after school and even Carson commented on Remie's continuous grin!

It wasn't until we were doing homework after dinner that I asked him what he thought about his new braces.

He responded with a glum "They're fine."

I was surprised that he didn't tell me how all the kids at school thought his colored rubber bands were so cool! So I asked him what his friends thought of his braces.

Again he responded without emotion and said "They didn't notice."

I was stumped so I asked Remie, "You've been smiling nonstop since you got your braces. Why aren't you more excited to talk about them?!

He replied, "I haven't been smiling. I've been holding my lip up because it hurts to put it down over my braces!"

Mystery solved.

No comments: