Friday, September 11, 2015

Carrots like the Little Bunnies Eat

Today I took my buddy Isaac grocery shopping with me while Remie sr stayed home with the little ones. I thought it would be good for my doodlebug and I to have some alone time together. (Side note: Isaac asked me to stop calling him doodlebug and only call him Isaac. Excuse me while I go cry in the corner.)

When we got to the store he begged me to let him sit in the shopping cart seat. Being that Isaac is nearing 5 years old, I usually tell him that he's too big for the seat but today I decided to let him just because...

While shopping in the produce aisle, Isaac spotted some carrots and he pleaded with me to get them. What mom says no to a kid that wants carrots? So I grabbed a bag of baby carrots. Isaac told me that I was getting the wrong ones and pointed to a bundle of carrots on the shelf. When I asked him why he wanted those he said "because those carrots are like the ones the little bunnies eat!" Well melt my heart, I grabbed Isaac the bunch of carrots. The smile on his face was priceless.

While I was shopping, Isaac managed to work one of the carrots out of the bundle. That's when the fun began.

Isaac used the carrot to scratch his back.

Isaac used the carrot to point out other items that he wanted to buy.

Isaac used the carrot to point out other people and comment loudly about their appearance.

Isaac used the carrot to poke me in the face when he thought I wasn't paying attention to him.

And lastly, Isaac used the carrot to dislodge a booger from his nose.


No comments: