Friday, September 19, 2014

School's back in session!

You've probably been wondering where I've been. Truthfully, I'm downright exhausted. Between the big kids having an early start school and being pregnant with #5, I feel like nap time doesn't come soon enough.


But enough of my complaining, here's what's been happening:


The big kids started their new school at the beginning of September. I was a little nervous about how they would handle changing schools and going to one that is more than double the size of their last school. Charlotte had no problem adjusting to first grade in a new place. She made friends right away and was extremely excited to be placed in 2nd grade reading. Remie was a little shy at first but his teacher is amazing and is helping him to feel very comfortable in the classroom. After a few days, Remie warmed up and made some friends. He is now thriving in second grade and really excelling in math.


Isaac also started preschool this year. I didn't have one worry about him going back to school because it was the same school and same teacher he had last year. Apparently I was wrong and he was the one I needed to worry about. For some reason, my little guy HATES school. It's a fight to get him there every day. We decided to take Isaac out of preschool and I'll homeschool him two days a week. I'll look for another preschool option for him for next year.






Grace is doing well. She is still having her Breath Holding Spells but they aren't as frequent or as severe. I'm learning to stay calm when she passes out and it makes each spell easier to deal with. I also talked to a man at our church who's daughter did the same thing as a child. It was reassuring to hear from him that his daughter outgrew it and is completely healthy now.




We had the big ultrasound for baby #5 yesterday! It was very tempting to find out the gender but we decided to keep it a secret again. We scheduled the ultrasound at a time that we could bring all the kids. Charlotte was very excited to see the baby on the screen. The other kids didn't seem to care one way or another. On the way home, I asked Remie David if he enjoyed going to the ultrasound and seeing the baby. He replied "Mom, I've been to so many of these ultrasounds now that it's starting to get boring!"




Remie Sr is still recovering from his knee injury from work. We were happy to hear that he won't need surgery but we really need to get it healed and send him back to full duty. I'm pretty sure he misses doing real police work.




I'm doing well. I recently decided to step down from singing at my church. I really love singing and will miss it but I feel like I am being called to focus my attention in the children's department. I'm really excited to see what God has planned for me in that ministry.

No comments: