Friday, December 30, 2011

Merry Christmas


After much nagging from my sister, we decided to take the long haul to Texas to spend Christmas with her family this year. 
Auntie Kath with Isaac and Remie

We celebrated Christmas by doing all the traditional activities! My sister decided on making homemade sugar cookies and decorating them with the kids. I told her to just buy the refrigerated cookie dough but she insisted on making it from scratch. Remie cut out a few cookies and decorated them before getting bored and finding something else to do. Charlotte, on the other hand, took decorating to an entirely new level! I have never seen her so focused on one thing. She spent so much time picking out the perfect sprinkles for her cookies and then decorating them. Then my sister and I decided to cut out a gazillion (or at least it felt like that many) little Michigan shaped cookies. We were so proud of our masterpieces!

After making cookies, we went to the Birkholder family Christmas party. It was so nice for them to include my family in their festivities! Remie and Charlotte had a blast playing with my brother-in-law, Thomas' neices and nephews. We were even surprised when Santa showed up with gifts for all of the kids!


We were invited to Christmas Eve service at Max Lucado's church!! It was a really wonderful time celebrating Jesus' birth! Afterward we went for a traditional Mexican Christmas Eve dinner!

Of course Christmas Day was filled with Santa, presents and food! We didn't go overboard on the gifts because I'm trying to teach the children at a young age that Christmas is more then the amount of "things" you received.


 
We had a fantastic trip to Texas!

No comments: